While we hope your experience getting setup and registered for CyberStart Canada goes without a hitch, there are some common issues that you may come across during the registration process.
Sometimes, at busy times, verification emails can take a little while to come through, but if your email has not come through within 48 hours then be sure to check the following:
1. Make sure you have checked your spam folder, and your "promotions" tab, particularly if using Gmail.
2. If you're using a school email address, your school may be blocking emails from our domain (your school IT team may be able to help with this - Whitelisting e-mails from CyberStart Canada). You may need to register using a personal email address if your school blocks email from us.
3. Check that you meet our eligibility criteria (if you've received an email saying that your information is being checked, this is what we're checking - once reviewed, you will receive the "Please verify your email" message and can proceed with your registration).
4. Ensure you've correctly remembered which email you signed up with, and are checking the right inbox.
5. If you think you might have mistyped your email address when registering, you can check this by attempting to register again with the email address you think you used. The form will not let you re-register with the same email address twice, so if your registration submits, it's likely you mistyped it the first time.
6. If you're experiencing any other problems, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, from the email address you have used to register, and which stage in the process you have got to, and we'll look into it for you.